Our Spring Election is coming up on Tuesday, April 5, however, IN PERSON Absentee Voting Begins this Tuesday, March 22! You can vote in person absentee at the Town Hall located at 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan. The Town Hall is open Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm!
Under Wisconsin law, voters do not need a reason to vote absentee.
Any voter who prefers to vote by absentee ballot may request one. During in-person, absentee voting, you may come to the Town Hall – 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan and cast your ballot.
Voters will be required to show proper photo identification (ID).
All absentee ballots are sent to the polls to be counted on Election Day.
Absentee ballots are not opened until Election Day at the Polls.
The last day to vote in person absentee is Friday, April 1 at 4:30pm.
Here are some important dates regarding the election:
Wednesday, March 16, 2022 (already passed)
March 16, 2022 was the last day for electors to register to vote by mail or online in the Spring Election. After this date electors must register in person in the municipal clerk’s office or at the polling place.
Tuesday, March 22, 2022
First Day for clerks to issues IN-PERSON Absentee Ballots at the Town Hall – 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan, Wisconsin.
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
First day for Town Clerk to issues absentee ballots by agent to hospitalized electors.
Wednesday, March 31 @5pm
DEADLINE (5pm) for regular and oversea electors to request absentee ballots by mail, online, email or fax for the Spring Election.
Friday, April 1 @12NOON
DEADLINE (12noon) for WRITE-IN Candidates to file a registration statement with the Town Clerk for the Spring Election
To register as a write-in candidate, you must file a Campaign Registration Statement (CF-1) with the filing officer prior to collecting or spending any money on the campaign. The CF-1 form is available from the Wisconsin Ethics Commission’s website or the local filing officer. The deadline to register as a write-in candidate is 12:00 p.m. (noon) the Friday before the election.
Friday, April 1
DEADLINE (5pm) for indefinitely confined electors and military electors, not on active duty or away from their residence to request absentee ballots by mail, online, email, or fax for Spring Election.
Friday, April 1
DEADLINE (5pm) for calendar year absentee ballot requests to be submitted by mail, online, email or fax to receive absentee ballot for Spring Election.
Friday, April 1
DEADLINE (5pm) for electors to register to vote, at the Town Hall
Sunday, April 3
Last day for electors (except hospitalized elector and sequestered jurors) to make application IN PERSON for absentee ballots. Please note the Town Hall will not be open on Sunday, April 3.
Sunday, April 3
Set-Up for Election
Monday, April 4 @10am
Public Voting Equipment Test – 1220 South Shore Drive, Delavan, Wisconsin
Tuesday, April 5 @7am-8pm – ELECTION DAY at Waters Edge – 1220 South Shore Drive, Delavan, Wisconsin
Popular Questions Regarding Election Day
- What is considered a Valid Form of Proof of Residence? https://townofdelavan.com/valid-proof-of-residency/
- What is on the Ballot? Go to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Whats-On-My-Ballot
- What if I am not yet registered to vote on Election Day? Can I vote? YES, YOU CAN STILL VOTE. Simply come to the polling location at 1220 South Shore Drive, Delavan, Wisconsin, and register. Proof of residence is required. https://townofdelavan.com/poll-hours-locations/
- How do I know if I am Registered to vote? First, did you vote in any of the elections in the last four years? If so, you should be registered. If you want to be 100% sure, please contact the Town Clerk at 262-728-3471 or go to the following link and follow the prompts: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Register-To-Vote
- How do I update my name and/or address? https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Update-My-Name-or-Address
- Where Do We Vote on April 5, 2022, Election Day? (ie: Polling Place) The election will be held at Waters Edge/Community Park – 1220 South Shore Drive, Delavan, Wisconsin
- Where Do We Vote for In-Person Absentee Voting? In-Person Absentee voting will take place at the Town Hall – 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan, Wisconsin
- Bring It To the Ballot – https://bringit.wi.gov/frequently-asked-questions
- What’s Going on with the Drop Box? Our Drop box has been tied shut and a notice has been placed on the Drop Box to alert all Absentee Voters that dropping your Absentee Ballot into a Drop Box is not allowed. It is an absolute requirement that the ballot be returned in the following ways
- An elector MUST personally mail or deliver his/her own absentee ballot, except where the law explicitly authorizes and agent to act on an elector’s behalf.
- The only lawful methods for casting an absentee ballot pursuant to Wis ss 6.87(4)(b)1 are for the elector to place the envelope containing the ballot
i. IN THE MAIL – 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan, Wisconsin 53115
ii. the elector delivers the ballot IN PERSON to the municipal clerk at 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan, Wisconsin 53115
iii. the elector delivers the ballot IN PERSON to the polling location on election day, which is the Waters Edge/Community Park at 1220 South Shore Drive, Delavan.
iv. The use of the DROP BOX IS NOT PERMITTED. The Town of Delavan’s Drop Box will NOT be in use between now and the election on Tuesday, April 5, 2022.