To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: August 28, 2015
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- At Tuesday’s Plan Commission, Mike & Karen Fiedler, 1117 N. Gazebo Dr., have applied for variances to allow an addition to their 2nd story and other improvements. And they also hope to rebuild a detached garage on an adjacent lot.
- Maxi-Shell has applied for a Conditional Use Permit to allow an expansion and improvements to their Convenience Store. This will also be discussed at the Plan Commission.
- The Plan Commission will also hear the application by John Neighbors, 2935 STH 67, for a Conditional Use Permit and rezone to allow the operation of a nursery.
- Next Finance Committee for 2016 Budget planning is scheduled for September 14 where employee compensation and Capital Budget allocation may be finalized.
- Lakeland Animal Shelter sign request was tabled by the Plan Commission for more details and review. They expect to attend the October 6 meeting with a representative from the sign company to give more details.
- The Town’s financial demographics are not low enough to be considered for a CDBG-PF grant for the park building. FEMA will consider funding storm shelters, but the type of construction required does not apply or practical for this type of use & location. We will discuss next steps at the Park Committee and Committee of the Whole.
- Building Inspection Requests for Proposals have been sent and e-mailed. It is also posted on the website. Please let me know of any interested firms/individuals that should receive the RFP. The response deadline is September 11.
- An ad for a new Crewman/Public Works position has been placed in the Delavan Enterprise & Walworth County Sunday with a response deadline of September 18. Lee Holden’s planned last day of work is December 18.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- There will be no Public Works Committee meeting in September.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Administrative, Monday at 4:00pm
Police & Water Safety, Monday at 5:30pm
Park & Tourism, Tuesday at 5:30pm
Plan Commission, Tuesday at 7:00pm
Lake Committee, Wednesday at 7:00pm
Fire & Rescue, Thursday at 7:00pm