To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: April 21, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Public Works will be spending some additional storm clean up time in the Inlet Oaks Subdivision next week. Regular Brush Pick-Up service begins again the week of May 1.
- Geneva Landings legal has approved our proposed easement language. We should soon have a final easement agreement with Geneva Landings for an easement to facilitate necessary maintenance and access to the dam. And it will also help resolve the ownership conflict that could impact liability.
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you approved the Conditional Use Permit application for Paul & Mary Smith, 3307 South Shore Dr., to install an Electric Tram to access the lake while allowing the existing stairs to remain. Zoning Ordinances require one or the other.
- The crack filling bid notice has been edited and published again for the bid opening scheduled for the next Public Works Committee on May 3.
- The Public Works Committee voted to authorize the publication of the bidding notice for this summer’s planned road improvements. Bids are expected to be opened at next month’s Public Works Committee on May 3 and voted/considered by the Town Board at the May 16 Board Meeting. The planned work is described as follows: Amos Rd. (approx. 500’) near Elkhorn City Limits will be patched and overlayed, Bailey Rd. (CTH F South to Theatre Rd.) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, Dam Rd. (City of Delavan Limits to Town of Sugar Creek – 2 miles) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, and Industrial Ct. (Mound Rd. to North End) will be milled and graded with pavement replacement. Mound Road will also be improved cooperatively with the City of Delavan with planning details yet to come.
- Public Works has advertised for part-time seasonal help. Interested applicants may pick up an application at Town Hall to be submitted by the end of today.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: None scheduled at this time