To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: October 2, 2015
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Applied for a small “Broadband Expansion” grant to the PSC this week to extend cable service to an unserved section of Theatre Rd. I’m not optimistic as Charter had initially verbally discussed sharing in the 38K project with a 50/50 match. They reconsidered and would not agree to those terms in writing which will lower the grant scoring.
- Peter Berrini is planning to attend next week’s Lake Committee meeting to give an update on the Delavan Lake Watershed Plan.
- Legal has reviewed the terms of the proposed contract for Professional Building Inspections with expected board action in October. Plan on discussion with Joe Mesler during the October 12 COW. Competing firms are planning to give you a brief presentation as well. If terms are approved, you can expect a new Building Inspector to begin services on January 1.
- The paving company responded to the notice of claim for their 2014 asphalt work. They will be present at next week’s Public Works Committee meeting with a proposal for repair.
- Lakeland Animal Shelter sign request was tabled by the Plan Commission for more details and review. They expect to attend the November 3 meeting with a representative from the sign company to give more details. Construction has begun on their new shelter location along STH 67.
- 71 individuals applied for the posted Public Works Crewman position. Mike Petkoff has been reviewing applications based on qualifications and narrowed it down to 5 finalists. I hope to complete some phone interviews and reference checking next week before scheduling a special Public Works Committee meeting for in-person interviews probably sometime the following week. Options will be discussed at the PW Committee. Lee Holden’s planned last day of work is December 18.
- The “Park Bldg” process will also be discussed at the October 12 COW with architect Russ Depietro.
- The House in the Wood Camp and Lakeland Community Church’s Land Use Plan Amendment applications are scheduled to be heard/considered at the Walworth County Zoning Agency on October 15th at 5:30pm.
- The 2016 Budget is almost finalized with a deadline of the week of October 12 for publication. Your October committees should make any final recommendations or changes to allow time for another Finance Committee, if necessary.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!!
Meetings next week: Admin Committee, Monday at 4:00pm
Police & Water Safety, Monday at 5:30pm
Park & Tourism, Tuesday at 5:30pm
Plan Commission, Tuesday at 7:00pm
Public Works, Wednesday at 1:15pm
Lake Committee, Wednesday at 7:00pm
Fire & Rescue, Thursday at 7:00pm