To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: May 19, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Received the request for Lakefest in (Community Park - Saturday, 6/3) volunteers today. Please let me know if you have interest and are available to cover a shift.
- Property owners along TK Lane (private road) are strongly considering options & costs to make the conversion from private to a public road. We will need to determine a cost estimate of a minimum public road standard and legal costs for an eminent domain action as 6/8 property owners are supportive of the transfer. The private road owners (6/8) would be responsible for all costs. This will be an agenda item for the June Public Works Committee.
- At this week’s Board Meeting, a Bailey Estates subdivision resident (Village of Williams Bay) requested assistance from the Town in creating some type of walking path along Theatre Rd for safety reasons. Also planned for next month’s Public Works Committee discussion.
- You voted to approve the low bid of $1,332,076 from Payne & Dolan for this year’s road improvements with a construction timeline of June - September. The planned work is described as follows: Amos Rd. (approx. 500’) near Elkhorn City Limits will be patched and overlayed, Bailey Rd. (CTH F South to Theatre Rd.) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, Dam Rd. (City of Delavan Limits to Town of Sugar Creek – 2 miles) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, and Industrial Ct. (Mound Rd. to North End) will be milled and graded with pavement replacement. Mound Road will also be improved cooperatively with the City of Delavan with planning details and bid results yet to come.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- The 1996 Fire Truck auction sale ends next Tuesday at 10:00am. www.wisconsinsurplus.com
- Enjoy your cool wet weekend! A/C back to Heat in the same week!
Meetings next week: None scheduled at this time