To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: August 18, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- I told you earlier this week that I was wrong about the timeline for updating the Comprehensive Plan. You have already taken the necessary step of adopting the resolution outlining steps we are taking for public participation. You will not have a formal vote on the Comp Plan Map update until late next Summer or early Fall. I notified the Plan Commission the Public Hearing scheduled for next Tuesday is cancelled. Sorry for the confusion…..I was rushing you for no reason. And I’m also curious if the county and SEWRPC will consider adding some planning comments on possible impacts to growth and transportation/infrastructure-roads caused by the recently announced Foxconn manufacturing location in the Kenosha/Racine area. Maybe the location will be too far away?
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you will be voting on a Liquor License for Boxed & Burlap, Voting Equipment Contract, Budget Amendment for Hwy Bldg Painting, and to purchase a new Computer Server that is already in the Capital Budget for the Police Dept.
- And before Tuesday’s Board Meeting, the 2018 budget prep continues with another Finance Committee scheduled at 2:00pm. All Dept. Heads are required to attend as departmental budgets will be discussed in detail.
- Road construction work has begun. The planned work is described as follows: Amos Rd. (approx. 500’) near Elkhorn City Limits will be patched and overlayed, Bailey Rd. (CTH F South to Theatre Rd.) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, Dam Rd. (City of Delavan Limits to Town of Sugar Creek – 2 miles) will be pulverized and overlayed with culvert replacement, and Industrial Ct. (Mound Rd. to North End) will be milled and graded with pavement replacement. Right now, Dam Road is expected to be closed beginning early July through the end of September. Bailey Rd. is open for traffic.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Finance, Tuesday at 2:00pm
Board Meeting, Tuesday at 6:00pm