To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: October 12, 2017
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- You will be voting on a new ordinance on licensing ST Rental Properties at Tuesday’s Board Meeting. Your board packet includes specifics on the new state law and copy of Q & A with a local resident.
- You will also be voting on a budget amendment to allow up to $3500 for additional concrete for Fire Truck access in Community Park near the new Lift Station.
- And you will be voting on the lot line adjustment proposed by Shodeen for 4421 South Shore Dr. They are reducing their recently approved 3 lot CSM to 2 residential lots.
- DNR reps were present on Monday with Peter Berrini to discuss options on the proposed stormwater improvements in Community Park and additional Detention Ponds necessary.
- 2017 Road Improvements are mostly complete other than a few punch list items for Dam Rd.
- Copies of Don Holst and Dan Lemansky’s presentation at last month’s Lake Committee: “Clean and Healthy Delavan Lake” are available upon request.
- Final 2018 Road Aid amounts were received with an increase of 24K over last year. That leaves a final proposed budget gap of 140K+/- that will be budgeted as a tax increase using the allowance allowed for debt to exceed the tax levy limits. Final budget spreadsheet and budget notices will be prepared by the end of next week. The Budget Hearing will be scheduled for November 14 at 6:00pm where the Tax Levy will need a floor vote by electors.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- More current lake information can be found in the Delavan Lake Report at thegreaterlake.com
- Trick or Treating Hours have been changed to Sunday, October 29 from Noon – 3:00pm followed by the Halloween Party at Community Park from 3:00 – 5:00pm.
- Special thanks to Chris Marsicano for his years of community service on the Town Board. Congrats on his recent election as President of the Tavern League of WI.
- Enjoy your weekend! Out of the office tomorrow.
Meetings next week: Board Meeting, Tuesday at 6:00pm