Thinking of renting your property?
Read through this STR Brochure first for more information.
The following are the Steps to Become/Remain an Official Short Term Rental Owner in the Town of Delavan
These following steps are required ANNUALLY.
- Register online for a State of Wisconsin seller's permit at tap.revenue.wi.gov/btr.
- Complete the Tourist Rooming House License Application (Department of Agriculture - DOA)
- One Time Fee $300
- Annual Fee $110
- To obtain a Tourist Rooming House License through DATCP, call (608) 224-4923 or email their licensing specialists.
- Complete the Walworth County Short Term Rental Application - $200 (Renewal) $500 (New)
- Complete the Town of Delavan Short Term Licensing Application - $100
- Complete the Room Tax Forms- $10
- Complete the Town of Delavan General Business Registration Application: $25
- Complete the Town of Delavan Business Directory Application
- The Town WILL NOT approve or renew a Short Term Rental until all paperwork (items 2, 4-7 above) and payment is received
- Make Payment and send all paper work to
Town of Delavan
5621 Town Hall Rd
Delavan WI 53115
- Pay your quarterly Room Taxes to the Town of Delavan, using our Short Term Rental Room Tax & Calculation Form
- If you use a Market Place Provider (ie: VRBO, AirBnB, Home Away etc.) that pays the Municipality Room Tax for you
- You are the responsible party for getting the report to the Town of Delavan Quarterly
- A Quarterly report can be obtained from your Market Place Provider by contacting them
- Quarterly Reports are due by: 1st Quarter - April 30
2nd Quarter - July 31
3rd Quarter- October 31
4th Quarter - January 31
If the Lodging Market Place Provider is engaged in business in Wisconsin, it must also:
- Register for a seller's permit at tap.revenue.wi.gov/btr, if it does not already have one
- Contact each Wisconsin municipality in which it makes short-term rentals to determine if additional registration is required
- Collect Wisconsin sales and use taxes from the occupant and forward to DOR
- Collect applicable Wisconsin municipal room taxes from the occupant and forward to the municipality
- Notify the owner of the short-term rental that all taxes have been collected and forwarded to the proper entity