Short Term Rentals

Thinking of renting your property? 

Read through this STR Brochure first for more information.

The following are the Steps to Become/Remain an Official Short Term Rental Owner in the Town of Delavan

These following steps are required  ANNUALLY.

  1. Complete the Tourist Rooming House License Application for the State of Wisconsin (Department of Agriculture - DOA) - $300 (New) $110 (Renewal)
    call (608) 224-4923 or email ​ their licensing specialists.
  2. Complete the Walworth County Short Term Rental Application -  $500 (New) $200 (Renewal)
  3. Complete the Town of Delavan Short Term Licensing Application  $500 (New) $250 (Renewal) - $50 late fee if paid within 30 days of renewal date, new license required after that 30 days.
  4. Complete the Room Tax Forms- $10
  5. Complete the Town of Delavan General Business Registration Application: $25
  6. Complete the Town of Delavan Business Directory Application
  7. The Town WILL NOT approve or renew a Short Term Rental until all paperwork (items 2, 4-7 above) and payment is received
  8. Make Payment and send all paper work to
    Town of Delavan
    5621 Town Hall Rd
    Delavan WI  53115
  9. Pay your quarterly Room Taxes to the Town of Delavan, using our Short Term Rental Room Tax & Calculation Form
    • If you use a Market Place Provider (ie: VRBO, AirBnB, Home Away etc.) that pays the Municipality Room Tax for you
    • You are the responsible party for getting the report to the Town of  Delavan Quarterly
    • A Quarterly report can be obtained from your Market Place Provider by contacting them
    • Quarterly Reports are due by: 1st Quarter - April 30
      2nd Quarter - July 31
      3rd Quarter- October 31
      4th Quarter - January 31