Election Information


for our Spring Election

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Please register to vote by going to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Register-To-Votehttps://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/


Register for an ABSENTEE BALLOT  by going to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Vote-Absentee

Track Your Ballot - Go to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Track-My-Ballot

Update/Change your Address - Go to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Update-My-Name-or-Address 

Find Your Polling Place - Go to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Find-My-Polling-Place

Wanna Know What is on the Ballot? Go to https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Whats-On-My-Ballot


Early Voting begins two weeks before any Election.  You can vote early at the Town Hall 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan between 9am and 4pm.

On the Friday before election day in-person absentee voting ends at 5pm...or the close of the business day whichever is later.

No in-person absentee voting can take place on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before the election.

If you fail to return any absentee ballots mailed; your name will be discontinued from the absentee ballot mailing list

When Is Our Next Election?

April 5, 2022 

2022 Spring Election


November 8, 2022 

2022 Fall Election


August 9, 2022

2022 Fall Partisan Primary

State offices up for election are Governor and Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, State Treasurer, Secretary of State, State Senator (odd-numbered districts), and State Representative. Federal offices up for election are U.S. Senate and Representative to Congress.

A list of state candidates who have registered their campaigns with the Wisconsin Ethics Commission or filed a Declaration of Candidacy form with the Wisconsin Elections Commission is attached below. Federal candidates running for U.S. Senate and Representative to Congress often do not file a Declaration of Candidacy form with the Elections Commission until the spring of 2022. Therefore, the best source of early information about who is running for those federal offices may be the campaign finance reports filed with the Federal Elections Commission's website: https://fec.gov

You must show an acceptable photo ID to receive a ballot for all elections. To find out more information about Wisconsin's Voter Photo ID Law go to https://bringit.wi.gov/

How to Get a Free State ID Card for Voting

The Wisconsin Department of Transportation provides free state ID cards for voting.

Learn about getting a free Wisconsin ID card on the Wisconsin Department of Transportation website: http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/license-drvs/how-to-apply/id-card.aspx
Learn about getting a free Wisconsin ID card even if you do not have a birth certificate: http://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/dmv/license-drvs/how-to-apply/petition-process.aspx

How Can I Help During an Election?

The Wisconsin Elections Commission encourages every eligible citizen to vote and to become involved in the election process. One of the most rewarding ways to do this is to become an Election Day poll worker, also known as an election inspector). The Chief Election Inspector is in charge of the polling place, and has additional training requirements.

Citizen involvement is essential to conduct open, accurate and fair elections in Wisconsin. We hope that you will consider participation in one of these positions.

There are several different jobs at polling places in Wisconsin, all of which are appointed by municipal clerks.

Election Inspector
Election inspectors help check voters in at the polling place and register them to vote, as well as issuing them ballots. Election inspectors receive training from the municipal clerk or online from the Wisconsin Elections Commission. They must be residents of the county where they will be working.

Chief Election Inspector
The Chief Election Inspector serves as the lead election official at a polling place. In order to become a Chief Election Inspector, you must complete online or in-person baseline training which lasts about two hours. Chief Election Inspectors must be residents of the town, village or city where they serve as a chief inspector (in a pinch a Chief Inspector can be from the county).

Greeters or Election Registration Officials
Each polling place can have one person appointed as an official Greeter who must be a resident of the county where they serve. Greeters can also help at a polling place by making sure voters are in the correct line and assist with sanitization efforts. Election Registration Officials, or EROs, must be residents of the county in which they serve and help voters registering to vote on Election Day. Both greeters and EROs must take some training before Election Day about the job they will be doing.

Tabulators assist with ballot counting after the polls close on election day. State law does not make any specific residency requirements of these individuals.

Polling Place Helper
Some elections may need polling place helpers to keep the polling place organized. Depending on the clerk and the election, you may be able to volunteer to help out at a polling place by making sure voters are in the correct lines, assist with enforcing social distancing, and making sure the polling place is properly cleaned throughout the day. Citizens who just want to help with these tasks on election day do not need to meet any training or residency requirements.

Contact our Town of Delavan Clerk, Kristy McChristy to sign up to serve during the next election. 

Email [email protected]

or phone 262-728-3471

Did You Know that High School Students (16+) Can Work as Poll Workers?

Wisconsin law allows qualified students to serve as  poll workers. It's great way for students to become involved in their communities and learn about how government works.

Qualifications - Students qualify to serve as poll workers if they:

  • Are 16 or 17 years of age
  • Are enrolled in grades 9 to 12 in a public, private or tribal school
  • Have at least a 3.0 grade point average or the equivalent
  • Have the written approval of their parent or guardian
  • Have the written approval of the principal of the school in which they are enrolled, if the student has less than a 3.0 grade point average
  • Reside in the municipality.
  • Students may serve only at polling places that serve their residence.

Written Authorization
Before a student may be appointed as an inspector, the municipal clerk shall obtain written authorization from the student's parent or guardian. The clerk must also obtain written authorization from the principal of the school where the student is enrolled if the student has less than a 3.0 grade point average. Upon appointment, the municipal clerk shall notify the principal of the school where the student is enrolled as of the date of the election at which the student will serve.

  • Restrictions
    A student may only serve as a poll worker at a polling place if at least one inspector, other than the chief inspector, is a qualified elector of the municipality
  • A student may not serve as chief inspector at a polling place
  • A student serving as a poll worker may not challenge any person offering to vote.
  • Student Poll Workers have the opportunity to perform a number of tasks at the polling place. These may include: registering voters, recording voters' names on the voter list, issuing ballots, assisting voters with special needs and counting votes.

How do I become a poll worker?

If you are interested in becoming a poll worker, there are two ways to be nominated: either through a nomination from the Democratic or Republican Party or by applying directly to your town, village or city clerk.

If you are active in a political party, you can be nominated by your county party to serve as an election official. You can find contact information for your county party chairperson by going to www.wisgop.org/county-parties/ for the Republican party or www.wisdems.org/county-parties for the Democratic party. You can select your county from these websites and view the contact information for your local party chairperson. Please note that party nominations must be submitted to the mayor, village president or town board chairperson no later than November 30 of each odd-numbered year.

If you do not wish to be appointed through a political party, you can be nominated by your mayor, village president, or town board chairperson. You can contact your municipal clerk directly to find out more about the application process. Your municipal clerk’s contact information can be found at MyVote.wi.gov.

How are poll workers selected?
According to State Statutes (7.30 ( 4)) the Mayor, President or Board Chairperson of the municipality is required to nominate poll workers to the governing body no later than the last regular meeting in December of odd-numbered years. The governing body of the municipality appoints the poll workers for a two-year term before December 31.

The nominees are to come first from lists submitted by the two dominant political parties, which are due no later than November 30 of odd numbered years, and may be supplemented at any time. Local party chairpersons are responsible for submitting theses lists of names to the Mayor, President or Board Chairperson of the municipality, for each polling place.

If a local party does not submit a list, or does not submit enough names, the Mayor, President or Board Chairperson may nominate qualified individuals on a non-partisan basis, without regard to party affiliation.

Where will I be assigned?
In smaller municipalities, there is often only one polling place. However, in larger municipalities there are multiple polling places. In larger municipalities, every effort is made to assign a poll worker to their neighborhood voting site. However, poll workers in larger municipalities such as large cities must be willing to be flexible and consider assignments at other sites.

Additional IDPP Information

For more detailed information regarding the IDPP, please visit the DMV’s website:

For additional information regarding the IDPP, please visit the WEC’s Bring It to the Ballot website:
http://www.bringitwisconsin.com/ how-do-i-get-free-state-id-card

Press releases issued by the Commission with additional information about the IDPP can also be found here:
Free Photo ID for Voting Now Available with One Trip to DMV

​DMV Offers Overnight Delivery of Free Photo ID Document Near Election


To register to absentee vote click here:  EL-121-fillable  or on-line registration at myvote.wi.gov.​

  • In person absentee voting begins approximately two weeks before the election
  • In person absentee voting ends at 5 p.m...or the close of the business, whichever is later, the Friday before election day
  • No in person absentee voting can take place on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday before the election
  • If you fail to return any absentee ballots mailed; your name will be discontinued from the absentee ballot mailing list

Election Day

​Polling Hours: 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.

When you come to vote, you will be asked...

If you are not registered to vote:

  • Go to the Registration Table
  • Show your proof of residency
  • Acceptable Proof of Residency
    • WI Drivers License or WI ID Card
    • WI Drivers or State ID Receipt
    • An employee ID card with a photo graph, but not a business card
    • A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current your of the year preceding the date of the election
    • A residential lease
    • A Picture ID from a university, college or technical college coupled with a fee receipt
    • A Utility Bill for the period commencing not earlier than  90 days before the day the registration is made
    • (Homeless voter only) A letter form an organization that provides services to the homeless that identifies the voter and describes the location designated as the persons residence for voting purposes
    • A bank statement
    • A paycheck
    • A check or other document issued by a unit of government

If you are registered – or once you are registered:

  • Announce your name and address
    • Show your picture ID
    • Acceptable forms of Proof of ID are:
      • A certificate of naturalization that was issued no earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
      • A driver license receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
      • An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
      • An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian Tribe in Wisconsin
      • Citation Notice
      • Must be within last 60 days to be valid
      • A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited University or College that contains the following:
        • Date of Issuance
        • Signature of Student
        • Expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance
        • The University or College ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment
  • Sign the poll list. If you do not claim to be physically disabled and refuse to sign the poll list, you will not be issued a ballot by the election inspectors
  • Your voter number and ballot will be issued after the poll list has been signed

If you are interested in being a Election Inspector and are a resident of the Town of Delavan please contact the Town Clerk.  Qualifications for an Elections Inspector are as follows:

  • Read, Write and Understand the English Language
  • Must be a qualified elector of the county

If you are a high school student and are interested in being an Elections Inspector the qualifications are:​

  • The age of 16 or 17
  • A resident of Town of Delavan
  • Have a 3.0 grade point average or equivalent
  • Have permission from your parents and school

To register to voter click here: EL-131-fillable  or on-line registration at myvote.wi.gov.

Every other year in an odd years the WEC does house cleaning on electors that have not voted in the past four years. If you are one of those residents that have not voted in the past four years and did not return your Application for Continuation of Registration Post Card back to the Municipal Clerk - the WEC may have removed your name from the voting list and you must re-register for your name to reappear on the voter list.

The new voting changes were made by your Congressmen and State Representatives and then signed by the current Governor.

If you have any questions any time. Please call or email during normal business hours.


Kristy McChristy

Town of Delavan
5621 Town Hall Road
Delavan, WI 53115

Phone: (262) 728-3471
Email: [email protected]


General information for local government candidacy: http://elections.wi.gov/candidates/local/non-partisan

The following links provide you with the necessary forms, to be filed with the Town Clerk.

CF-1 - Registration Statement

EL-162 - Declaration of Candidacy

EL-169 - Nomination papers for nonpartisan office