State of the Lake: State of the Lake Annual update for Delavan Lake by Dr. Dale Roberson USGS June 1, 2022 @ Waters Edge(1220 South Shore Drive - Community Park) Time: 7:00pm     Annual update for Delavan Lake by Dr. Dale Roberson USGS


Property Taxes


See instructions below for specifics on locating your Tax Bill.  Tax Bills will arrive in your mailbox shortly.

Property Tax Questions

  1. When Will Our Property Tax Bills Be Mailed Out? Property tax bills are mailed out by the Town of Delavan by mid-December of each year. You may also access them online.  Please see those instructions below.
  2. What should I do if my property tax bill is not received? If you do not receive your property tax bill by December 20th please contact Darlene Stark, our Town of Delavan Treasurer at [email protected] Failure to receive your property tax bill does not exempt you from paying property taxes timely, and interest and penalty due to delinquency.
  3. Where do I pay my property taxes Prior to January 31st of each year, all current year property tax payments and checks should be made payable to the Town of Delavan and paid at the Town Hall - 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan, WI, 53115, Attn: Treasurer. After February 1st, property tax payments should be made payable to and paid to the Walworth County Treasurer, P.O. Box 1001, Elkhorn, WI 53121
  4. Is there an Option to Pay Online? Yes, however, only the first payment can be paid online. To pay online CLICK HERE
  5. GovPayNet Processes:
    • Credit
    • Debit
    • Pre-paid debit card transactions
  6. Please note that there is a service fee of 3% for each transaction.  (ex: Say you owe $5,000 for your first installment? The 3% fee will be $150, making your total $5,150.)
  7. What information should be included when paying my property taxes?
    Please include a stub from your tax bill. If not available, write the tax parcel number on your check. If sending one check for multiple payments, please include a list showing each tax parcel number and amount to apply to each parcel number. If you want a receipt, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Tax receipt is not valid until all payments have cleared all banks.
  8. What determines a timely payment?
    Please refer to the back of your tax bill for the statutory definition of a timely payment on current year tax payments. For delinquent payments, the statutes allow for United States Postal Service postmarks to be used as the effective date of payment. Please have the Post Office hand stamp your envelope with the current day's postmark if paying at the end of a month.
  9. What happens if my property tax bill is delinquent? Delinquent property taxes are charged interest and penalty at a rate of 1.5% per month on the unpaid tax owed, beginning February 1st until paid in full. All delinquent property taxes are payable to the Walworth County Treasurer’s Office. If property taxes are delinquent for 2 or more years, the property will be subject to foreclosure.
  10. How can I get a copy of my property tax bill?1)
    1. Go to Ascent - CLICK HERE) Be sure the top "Public" box says, "Real Estate Property & Tax" and "Search Properties"
    2. Type in the Street Number - *Type only the number. If the street name is included on that particular line it will not find your property.
    3. Type in your Street Name - A drop down with options may pop up. Click on the correct street
    4. Click "Find Now"
    5. Click on the correct "Parcel" Number, marked in Red (Ex: FD 21000055)
    6. On the "Select Detail Line" in the middle of the page, Click the down arrow. A drop down will appear.
    7. Click "Taxes"
    8. Directly under that there is a list of years horizontally - Click on 2021 - there is also a date marked in red on the bottom of the page, but that only shows you what you've paid or not paid. Click on the 2021 listed horizontally.
    9. Your Tax Bill will pop up in PDF format
    10. You can print a copy of the bill for your records and even save it to your computer.

If you have questions, please contact the Town Clerk at 262-728-3471at the Town Hall and we can assist you.

If you pay your bill in advance, please note that there is a cover letter enclosed in your tax bill mailing with pertinent information in regard to the town. Please view that cover letter - CLICK HERE.

You will have the option to save these in PDF or make copies.  If you have any questions or would like help to do this, please call the Town Hall at 262-728-3471.

  1. Who qualifies for the Lottery and Gaming Credit? Homeowners in Wisconsin who use the home as their primary residence on January 1st of the year in which the property taxes are levied qualify for a lottery and gaming credit. View more information on the Department of Revenue website.
  2. What is the First Dollar Credit?
    Beginning with the 2008 tax bill, State of Wisconsin taxable parcels containing a real property improvement qualify for the First Dollar Credit. Find more information about First Dollar Credit.
  3. What if I have a question about my assessment? All assessment questions should be directed to Accurate Assessors.
  4. Where do I pay my personal property taxes? All personal property taxes for businesses or mobile homes are due to the Town of Delavan Treasurer by January 31st.

What Do I Do if I Need to Change the Address on My Tax Bill?

There are a number of boxes that you can use to search for your property. You do NOT need to type in every box. In fact, you should only fill in a few of the boxes.

  • Type in Street Number (just the numbers - ex: 1234)
    or Type in the Street Name (just the Name of the Street- this line is persnickity, so be sure you use the name that comes up on the drop down)
    or Type in the Parcel ID (this line is also persnickity, and you may need a space between the letters and numbers, so beware)
  • Click "Find Now"
  • A number of addresses should pop up
    Find your correct parcel number in RED
    Click on the correct Parcel Number
  • Click "Request Mailing Address Change"
  • Another screen will pop up. Click the "Start Request" button for the correct Parcel Number
  • Update your information
  • Click "Send Request"
  • The County will receive you update and make the correct changes.

Are you looking to find any of the following?  

  1. Most recent tax bill
  2. Assessor Data
  3. Survey History
  4. Copies of Property Survey
  5. Parcel Information

Click Here to Find the Above Information

A welcome box with "Welcome to the Walworth County GIS Viewer" will pop up with a disclaimer.  Click "Accept."

A map will then pop up. On the right side of the page you will see four grey boxes. Click on the one that looks like a magnifying glass.

A search bar will pop up. Select the Search type by clicking the toggle bar. The options are Parcel, Address, Streets, Platted Lands, PLSS, Owner, Buffer, or Spatial Search.

If found, the property will be highlighted in red. On the bottom left a "Tax Parcels" box will pop up. Click on the Parcel number.

The Box will expand and provide the following information:

  1. Property Information
  2. EnerGov Link
  3. Parcel Type
  4. GIS Acreage
  5. Owners Name
  6. Address
  7. Tax Bills
  8. Assessor Data
  9. Survey History
  10. Documents

You will have the option to save these in PDF or make copies.  If you have any questions or would like help to do this, please call the Town Hall at 262-728-3471.

Special Assessments?

If you are looking to find out how much is owed in Special Assessments on a property such as snow removal, delinquent charges, sewer, etc, please contact the Town Treasurer at [email protected].  Please include Parcel #, Property Owner Name(s) and Address of Property. There is a $20 fee for Special Assessment Requests. There is no additional fee for a RUSH. Checks should be sent to Town of Delavan, 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan, WI, 53115.