Property tax bills are mailed out by the Town of Delavan by the beginning of December of each year and they will also be available online.
If you do not receive your property tax bill by December 20th, please contact the Town Treasurer at [email protected].
Failure to receive your property tax bill does not exempt you from paying property taxes timely, and interest and penalty due to delinquency.
Prior to January 31st of each year, all property tax payments should be made payable to:
Town of Delavan
5621 Town Hall Road
Delavan, WI, 53115
After February 1st, property tax payments should be made payable to:
Walworth County Treasurer
P.O. Box 1001
Elkhorn, WI 53121
A stub from your tax bill or write the tax parcel number on your check.
If sending one check for multiple payments:
- Please include a list showing each tax parcel number and amount to apply to each parcel number.
- If you want a receipt, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope.
Please refer to the back of your tax bill for the statutory definition of a timely payment on current year tax payments.
For delinquent payments, the statutes allow for United States Postal Service postmarks to be used as the effective date of payment.
Please have the Post Office hand stamp your envelope with the current day's postmark if paying at the end of a month.
Delinquent property taxes are charged interest and penalty at a rate of 1.5% per month on the unpaid tax owed, beginning February 1st until paid in full.
All delinquent property taxes are payable to the Walworth County Treasurer’s Office.
If property taxes are delinquent for 2 or more years, the property will be subject to foreclosure.
- Go to Ascent - (CLICK HERE) Be sure the top "Public" box says, "Real Estate Property & Tax" and "Search Properties"
- Type in the Street Number - *Type only the number. If the street name is included on that particular line it will not find your property
- Type in your Street Name - A drop down with options may pop up. - Click on the correct street
- Click "Find Now"
- Click on the correct "Parcel" Number, marked in Red (Ex: FD 21000055)
- On the "Select Detail Line" in the middle of the page, Click the down arrow
- A drop down will appear.
- Click "Taxes"
- Directly under that there is a list of years horizontally - Click on the year you need - there is also a date marked in red on the bottom of the page, but that only shows you what you've paid or not paid.
- Your Tax Bill will pop up in PDF format
- You can print a copy of the bill for your records or save it to your computer
If you have questions, please contact the Town Treasurer at (262)728-3471 at the Town Hall and we can assist you.
Homeowners in Wisconsin who use the home as their primary residence on January 1st of the year in which the property taxes are levied qualify for a lottery and gaming credit.
Beginning with the 2008 tax bill, State of Wisconsin taxable parcels containing a real property improvement qualify for the First Dollar Credit.
All assessment questions should be directed to Accurate Assessors.