Delavan Lake 9/5/22 through 9/12/22
Fishing on Delavan has become a bit spotty. Some days the action is better than others. For some reason with the strong east wind fishing on Delavan is very tough.
Walleyes are in the 12-15 ft depth range. They can be caught on Rapala husky jerks or on a ½ oz chrome and blue Rattle trap. The best locations have been the main lake points. Try fishing on the low light periods at dawn and dusk for the most action. Over the next few weeks, fishing should improve I am starting to catch Walleyes almost every trip out now.
Crappies are in the shallow weeds in 10-12 ft of water. Use a small 1/32 oz jig with a purple or chartreuse plastic. I put a small sinker about 1 ft above the jig to cast it further. The best locations have been west of Browns Channel or just west of Willow Point.
Largemouth bass have moved off the deep weedline and now are in 4-5 ft of water. I’ve been fishing either slip bobber rigged suckers or split shot rigged worms. The key to finding the right location is large holes in the thick weed mat. Once you find these sandy spots, you basically just cast your bait out and let it sit and the bass will come and find it.
Northern Pike are in the 10-12 ft depth range. They can be caught on slip bobber rigged suckers or on ½ oz chrome and blue Rattle Traps. The best spots I’ve found were by Belvidere Park and by the gray condos. The fish are starting to put the feed bag on for winter and some of the fish have been extremely big.
Bluegills have been slow for me. I’ve been fishing quite shallow and I think the fish are suspended in the main lake basin in 30-40 ft of water. Look for the fish by the Village Supper Club or just off the Yacht Club in the main lake basin.
Good luck and I hope to see you on the water. For guide parties, please call Dave Duwe at 608-883-2050
Delavan Lake offers over 2,000 acres of spectacular fishing for:
- Northern Pike
- Blue Gill
Delavan Lake Fishing Regulations
Do you have questions about the Vegetation/Weeds in Delavan Lake?
Contact Charlie Handel, Lake Operations Manager for the Delavan Lake Sanitary District
Phone: (262) 728-4100
Email: [email protected]
Community Park Offers Fishermen:
- Two Piers to launch and recover four (4) boats at a time
- Parking for over 150 Boat Trailers
- Four (4) Porta-Potties at Boat Trailer Lot
- New launch ramps (2014 Season)
- Indoor bathroom facilities at Community Center
- FREE DNR Life Vest Loaner Program
- Dockmaster Service on Weekends, & Special Holidays
- Daily Weather Reports posted at Gate House
- Shore Fishing Pier
- FREE Lake Maps
- Lighted Ramp and Parking Lot
- Overnight Park for Boat Trailers - $25.00 Fee
- $25.00 Non Resident Season Pass for Parking, Shore Fishing Etc.
- Three (3) Clean Boats/Clean Waters Cleaning Stands in boat lot area
- Bait Waste Barrels at Boat Lot Area
- Boat Prep and Sailboat Rigging Area
- FREE Coast Guard Auxiliary "Vessel Safety " Checks
- Electrical Panel at Boat Lot for Blowups, Charging Etc.
- Special Kayak/Canoe Launch
- Emergency Jumper Cable Usage
- Season Launch Passes