Building Inspector

Joe Mesler

from Professional Building Inspections Inc., is our Building Inspector.

Cell: (262) 215-3711
Fax: (262) 728-3473
Email: [email protected] 

To schedule all inspections, please call Jon Mesler @ 608-921-1891 or Joe Mesler @ 262-215-3711


Tuesdays and Thursdays 1PM - 3PM

Pay for your Permit via credit card, only available at office

Need a Building Permit?

A building permit shall be obtained by the owner or his authorized agent from the Town Clerks Office or Building Inspector before work may be started on the construction or moving of any building or structure within the Town of Delavan.  The building permit may be obtained by the owner or contractor, or by the part for whom the work is to be performed, but the property owner will be held responsible in case of failure to obtain the permit as provided in this Code, except as might hereinafter be provided.​

The term building shall include any building and/or structure, and any enlargement, alteration, heating or ventilation installation, or anything affecting the fire hazards or safety of any building or structure.

Please submit all building permit applications directly to Joe Mesler

Click Here for a Building Permit
Click Here for our Building Inspector Fee List
Click Here for our Required Inspections List

Driveway Permit Process

Step 1 - Fill out the Driveway Permit 

Step 2- Send in or drop off the Drive Way Permit at the Town Hall.

Step 3 - Once we receive your completed permit, it is given Designated Town Official. Within approximately 24-48 hours, Tom will travel to your home to look at the property/driveway.

Step 4 - When Designated Town Official gives the “okay, “ the resident is responsible to come to the town hall and/or send in the Permit Charges that will include a Driveway Bond (refundable after the job is completed, the procedures are followed correctly, and the final driveway is approved) and/or other fees.

Driveway Bond - $1,000 (refundable)

The Driveway Bond is refundable upon completion of the following: a) notice to the Town Clerk that the Project is Finished b) Inspection by Designated Town Official c) Town Board Approval

Utility-Right-of-Way - $100 (non-refundable) - For New Driveways

Utility-Boring in Right-of-Way - $300 (non-refundable) - For Re-pavement of Driveway

Step 5 - Once the job is complete, the resident should contact the Town Clerk at the Town Hall at 262-728-3471 or [email protected], alerting us that the job is complete.

Step 6 - Designated Town Official will travel out to your property and inspect the driveway.

Step 7 - If all is good, our Designated Town Official will contact our Treasurer, who will reimburse you for your $1,000 bond. A check will be sent to you in the mail.

Code Enforcement Officer

Allison Schwark

Cell: (262) 249-6701
Fax: (262) 728-3473
Email: [email protected]

No Business Hours


If part of your project involves removing an existing building, you will need to pick up a building permit to have that building demolished. This premise is called a razing permit and can be applied for at the same time you apply for the permit for the new garage or accessory building, if required for your project.

​A Raze Permit requires an inspection for lead and asbestos, buy a qualified company (see below). Confirmation of all utilities have been disconnected; and a Sanitary disconnect permit has been issued. After these requirements are met a Raze Permit will be issued.

Inspection Services

Wisconsin Inspection Services

Phone: (262) 745-4070

Lead/Asbestos Reports

JD Environmental

Phone: (262) 728-6400

Sewer Disconnect

Delavan Lake Sanitary District

Phone: (262) 728-4100

Utility Disconnect

Alliant Energy - Electric

Phone: (800) 862-6222

​WE Energies - Natural Gas

Phone: (800) 242-9137