Who do I Contact if I need a Permit?
Contact Joe Mesler at 262-728-3471 X206 Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3pm or Call Joe on his cell phone 262-215-3711.
Open Records Requests
If you would like to request any records, you must submit a formal Record Request. Please download and complete the "Request for Access to or Copy of Public Record" Form and return to Clerk McChristy at [email protected]
There is a $.25 per page charge. Please see our ordinance for more details.
Delavan Planning & Zoning Permit Forms
For more information on Planning and zoning, please CLICK HERE.
What Projects Will I Need a Permit For?
- Driveways - Click Here for a Driveway Permit.
- All new buildings and additions to existing buildings.
- Anytime there is a structural change to an existing building.
- Replacement of roofing or siding, or changing window size.
- Additions or repairs to porches, decks, garages, pools/hot tubs, or storage sheds to a property.
- Modifications to plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or electrical systems, including the replacement of furnaces, water heaters or air conditioners.
- Alteration to room sizes or creation of new rooms.
- For all new businesses.
- For established businesses that change focus and/or location within the Town, a Plan of Business Operations form must be submitted to the Zoning Department for approval.
Click Here for Planning and Zoning Permits (ie: Conditional Use, Rezone, Variance, Certified Survey Map, Etc)
What about a Fence?
A permit is not needed to build a fence but their are regulations for fences in the Town of Delavan (ie: Walworth County). Click this link for more information on Fencing Regulations.
What DON'T You Need a Permit For?
- Fence (however, there are regulations for building a fence.)
- Adding gravel to an already established driveway. If you are building a new driveway or adding asphalt or concrete to an already existing driveway, you DO need a permit.