Who do I Contact if I need a Permit?
Contact Joe Mesler at 262-728-3471 X206 Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3pm or Call Joe on his cell phone 262-215-3711.
Please note that the Town of Delavan has a 10% Admin Fee, effective February 1, 2013. All Building permits are valid for 24 months (ie: two years).
Click Here for Building Permit Building Permit Application
Open Records Requests
If you would like to request any records, you must submit a formal Record Request. Please download and complete the "Open Record Request Form and return to the Town at [email protected] or at Town Hall.
There is a $.25 per page charge. Please see our FEES ordinance for more details.
Delavan Planning & Zoning Permit Forms
For more information on Planning and zoning, please CLICK HERE.
What Projects Will I Need a Permit For?
- Driveways -
- All new buildings and additions to existing buildings.
- Anytime there is a structural change to an existing building.
- Replacement of roofing or siding, or changing window size.
- Additions or repairs to porches, decks, garages, pools/hot tubs, or storage sheds to a property.
- Modifications to plumbing, heating, air conditioning, or electrical systems, including the replacement of furnaces, water heaters or air conditioners.
- Alteration to room sizes or creation of new rooms.
- For all new businesses.
- For established businesses that change focus and/or location within the Town, a Plan of Business Operations form must be submitted to the Zoning Department for approval.
What about a Fence?
A permit is not needed to build a fence but their are regulations for fences in the Town of Delavan (ie: Walworth County). Fencing Regulations