Board of Review
Town Hall - 5621 Town Hall Road, Delavan
Check the Town Calendar for Board of Review/Open Book Dates
Board of Review functions like court and is required to evaluate evidence based on facts. You or your representative must provide factual evidence that your property is inequitably assessed. The burden of proof is solely on the taxpayer.
The assessor’s value is presumed correct by State Law until proven otherwise.
Search for your property record information here: http://accurateassessor.com/recordsearch/?id=75
PO Box 415
Menasha WI 54952
Property Owners Guide:
Building Inspector - Joe Mesler
Office Hours: Tuesdays and Thursday from 1pm-3pm
Cell Phone: 262-215-3711
To contact Building Inspector Assistant - Beth, email her at [email protected]
Pay for your Permit via credit card, only available at office
Driveway Permit Process:
Step 1 - Fill out the Driveway Application/Permit
Step 2- Send in or drop off the Drive Way Permit at the Town Hall.
Step 3 - Once we receive your completed permit, it is given to the Public Works Manager. Within approximately 24-48 hours, Tom will travel to your home to inspect the property/driveway.
Step 4 - When Public Works Manager gives the “okay, “ he will call the resident and inform them of the fee(s). The resident will then have to come to the Town Hall and/or send in the permit fees that will include a Driveway Bond (refundable after the job is completed, and a final driveway inspection is approved).
Driveway Bond - $1,000 (refundable)
The Driveway Bond is refundable upon completion of the following:
- a) notice to the Town Clerk that the Project is Finished
- b) Inspection by Public Works Manager
Utility-Right-of-Way - $100 (non-refundable) - For New Driveways
Utility-Boring in Right-of-Way - $300 (non-refundable) - For Re-pavement of Driveway
Step 5 - Once the job is complete, the resident should contact the Public Works Manager at 262-728-6411 alerting us that the job is complete.
Step 6 - The Public Works Manager will travel out to your property and inspect the driveway.
Step 7 - If all is good, Public Works Manager will contact our Treasurer, who will reimburse the $1,000 bond. A check will be sent to you in the mail.
TOWN OF DELAVAN Driveway Permit FEE Schedule AS OF MARCH 16, 2021
Driveway Bond . . . . . . . . . . . $1,000.00
Refundable upon completion of the following:
a. Notice to Clerk that project has finished
b. Inspection by a designated Town Official
c. Town Board Approval
Driveway Permit . . . . . . . . . . $200.00
Driveway Paving . . . . . . . . . . $100.00
Utility-Right of Way . . . . . . . .$100.00
Utility-Boring in Right of Way .....$300.00
DAMAGES AND LOSS OF BOND: Any damage which is the result of nay repair, maintenance, or construction on roadways or road right of way, driveways in the Town of Delavan, shall be the responsibility of said party causing damage. The said party will have fifteen (15) days to repair damage or said party will pay the costs of damage to the Town of Delavan for the damage.
ROADWAY EXCAVATIONS: Replace with compacted suitable materials within twelve (12) inches of surface, road gravel or equivalent compacted to surface (9” gravel, 3” asphalt). Note: Cold patch may be used until weather permits.
DRIVEWAY GUIDELINES TO BE FOLLOWED:
1) Proper size, length, and pitch of culvert with end walls.
2) Culvert to be covered with 2” to 3” base stone.
3) Surface gravel ½” to ¾” gravel.
4) All disturbed areas to be restored with proper grading, seed, or sod when required, erosion control, (Straw or equivalent)
5) No rocks, washouts, debris, redi-mix materials.
6) No plantings (bushes or flowers, etc.), rocks, boulders, structures, fences, etc. within right of way. A rural mail box is the ONLY item allowed to be placed within right of way.
7) Town of Delavan is not responsible for any damage to mailbox.
** An application/permit for a driveway/public right or way may be picked up at Town Hall
Monday-Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm or on our website:
- Original Alcohol Beverage License Application - AT-106F
- Renewal Alcohol Beverage License Application - AT-115F
- Agent Form - AT-104F
- Auxiliary Form - AT-103F
- Cigarette License Form
- Operator License App
According to state statute 125.23(2) and 125.68(2) regardless of what the expiration date says on your online Responsible Beverage Server Training Certificate, if your Town of Delavan (ie: Municipal) Operator License Application is renewed on time every two years then an operator/server is NOT required to re-take the online Responsible Beverage Server Test.
The forms you will need for a Short Term Rental for the Town of Delavan are as follows:
- Tourist Rooming House License Application (Department of Agriculture - DOA)
- One Time Fee $300
- Annual Fee $110
- To obtain a Tourist Rooming House License through DATCP, call (608) 224-4923 or email their licensing specialists.
- Complete the Town of Delavan Short Term Licensing Application - $100
- Complete the Room Tax Forms - $10
- Complete the Town of Delavan General Business Registration Application: $25
- Complete the Town of Delavan Business Directory Application
- The Town WILL NOT approve or renew a Short Term Rental until all paper work (items 1-5) and payment is received
- Make Payment and send all completed paperwork to:
Town of Delavan
5621 Town Hall Road
Delavan WI 53115
For Complete instructions on how to apply for a Short Term Rental visit our Short Term Rental page at Town of Delavan Short Term Rental