To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: April 16, 2021
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Annual Meeting followed immediately by the April Board Meeting is at the Geneva Room at Lake Lawn on Tuesday beginning at 6:00pm. Elector non-voting attendance is a virtual option through Zoom with Meeting ID: 878 6640 2788 and Passcode: Town. Audio only is available by calling 312-626-6799.
- Baxter & Woodman will be giving a Mound Rd. Ponds Dredging Preliminary Report at the Annual Meeting followed by Q & A.
- A Public Hearing & presentation on the South Shore Dr. Road Improvement project was given by Cardinal Engineering at the COW last Monday. You may review the project presentation here: https://townofdelavan.com/2021/04/13/road-improvement-project-presentation-available/
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you will be considering the $180,635 proposal from Fahrner Asphalt for Road Sealcoating & Striping on Bailey Rd. from STH 67 to South Shore Dr. to CTH O.
- You will also be considering the $37,728 proposal from Thunder Rd. Asphalt for crackfilling multiple Town Roads.
- You will also be considering the $12,500 proposal from Mead & Hunt for a TID Boundary Agreement Planning Agreement. Shodeen has requested up to 9M in financial assistance in infrastructure and development costs to help move the Shores of Delavan Lake to the construction phase.
- Chris Meisner, (FD2500015), near the corner of Theatre & Bailey Rd. across from Bailey Estates, has applied for a rezone of approx. 16 acres from A-5 back to A-1 and a Conditional Use Permit to allow a 100x100’ Pole Barn with a residence inside. This parcel was recently rezoned and planned for a residential subdivision, but now is applying to revert back to A-1 zoning for the entire parcel. This was recommended by the Plan Commission and you will be voting on this application at the Board Meeting.
- The Noise Ordinance is also back on the Board Meeting agenda with minor revisions. The Lighting Ordinance recommended by the Plan Commission will also be a Board Meeting agenda item. Please let me know if you would like these ordinances via email before the Town Board takes action.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Thanks to Town of Delavan Police & Fire Depts for extra precautions taken at this time. And special thanks to all those working in Health Care.
- Be smart & safe! Wash your hands! Call 2-1-1 or resource https://www.impactinc.org/impact-2-1-1/. As of 4/14, there have been 9253 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Walworth County. 134 deaths (same as last week), 6 are hospitalized, and 9020 have recovered.
- Congratulations to Dixie for completing 14 years of service as Town Clerk and a Happy Retirement celebration with her last day planned for Monday, April 19th. Thank-you!
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Annual Meeting & Board Meeting, Tuesday at 6:00pm (Lake Lawn)