To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: October 15, 2021
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Cardinal Engineering’s project details on the South Shore Dr. planned Road Improvement project may be reviewed here: https://townofdelavan.com/2021/04/13/road-improvement-project-presentation-available/
- You received the 2022 draft budget at COW in preparation for your vote at Tuesday’s Board Meeting. Please let me know if you have any specific questions or need more information. The formal Budget Hearing will take place the night of the November Board Meeting (11/16) where the electors will be voting on the tax levy and you will be voting on the final budget.
- At this month’s Plan Commission, Biwer Investment’s (Cattail’s Bar) Conditional Use Permit application for an outdoor patio was continued until May, 2022. Many neighboring property owners attended the meeting and requested a denial that night. You will be voting on this application at Tuesday’s Board Meeting.
- Greg’s Repair, 5438 STH 11, also appeared at this month’s Plan Commission. The commission voted to deny the Conditional Use Permit necessary to operate that type of business and send the denial to the City of Elkhorn ETZ. Another Board Meeting agenda item.
- Also at Tuesday’s Board Meeting, Del-Mar reps may be present in-person and/or virtually to discuss their stormwater pipe replacement and possible request for financial assistance.
- Highlands Association Reps may also be present at Tuesday’s Board Meeting to discuss their request for DNR grant sponsorship.
- The DNR has given public notice for the proposed dredging of the Mound Rd. Basins. The application information may be accessed through this link: https://permits.dnr.wi.gov/water/SitePages/Permit%20Search.aspx
- We received 3 proposals for Audited Financial Statements for years 2021-2023. Baker Tilly, Kerber Rose, and Johnson Block. Darlene & I are recommending Johnson Block. You already have a hard copy of the Johnson Block proposal and please let me know if you would like to review the other 2 proposals.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your cooler weekend! Fall is definitely in the air.
Meetings next week: Board Meeting, Tuesday at 6:00pm