To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: May 20, 2022
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Welcome to Michele Starin as new Town Clerk beginning on Monday!
- The Dept of Revenue just issued a substantial penalty (498K) due to legal interpretation of statutory requirements of our EMS staffing referendum passed in April, 2021. The 498K is the successful referendum amount that will be penalized through future reductions in Shared Revenue or state municipal financial aid, beginning with this year’s amount of 72K. We have been in conversations and emails this week asking for any possible relief options. The state legislature has also been asked for assistance and has responded. One option the Dept of Revenue has suggested is a possible “do over” or another referendum vote held at the next election in August or November.
- At Tuesday’s Board Meeting, you passed the 30% Municipal Service Fee Increase for Westshire/DASC to be effective in 2024 & 2025, or approx. 15% each year.
- Michael Seick (Mike’s Auto Repair) is back on the Plan Commission agenda for consideration of a Conditional Use Permit to allow a Towing Lot at their business address of 5768 STH 11. This was also approved at Tuesday’s Board Meeting.
- Tim Torkelson (The Car Store), 416 STH 50, has applied for a Conditional Use Permit Amendment to allow replacement of the existing building/office on site. This was also approved at Tuesday’s Board Meeting.
- The Public Works Committee approved the Asphalt Oil increase Change Order for $22,282 from Wolf Paving for the South Shore Dr. reconstruction project and the substantial completion date change to 6/15. This was also approved at Tuesday’s Board Meeting.
- Public Bid notices for the Mound Rd. Dredging project will be published in next week’s Delavan Enterprise and all interested contractors will be notified. The draft timeline lists a possible start date for mid-July.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: None scheduled at this time.