To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: July 30, 2021
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Cardinal Engineering’s project details on the South Shore Dr. planned Road Improvement project may be reviewed here: https://townofdelavan.com/2021/04/13/road-improvement-project-presentation-available/ Wolf Paving is planning to begin work very soon. Estimated tax impact is .16/1K or $16/100K of Assessed Value without any changes made to the 2022 budget.
- Cattail’s Bar, 2517 North Shore Dr., has applied for a Conditional Use Permit to allow a new outdoor Concrete Patio. This will be considered by the Plan Commission on Tuesday at 7:00pm.
- Pat Romenesko resigned on Friday as our auditor. He will be preparing a letter of resignation and his 2020 Audit Report at the 8/9 Committee of the Whole meeting will be his last. I will be contacting 3-4 CPA firms that currently provide auditing services to local governments in the area for a proposal on the 2021-2023 Audited Financial Statements.
- You will need a Special Board Meeting next Monday, 8/9, to approve the new financing terms for the South Shore Dr. project to include the engineering fees.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Enjoy your weekend!!
Meetings next week: Admin, Monday at 4:00pm
Police & Water Safety, Tuesday at 1:00pm
Plan Commission, Tuesday at 7:00pm
Public Works, Wednesday at 1:15pm
Lake Committee, Wednesday at 7:00pm
Fire & Rescue, Thursday at 6:00pm