To: Town Board Members
From: John Olson, Town Administrator
Date: September 30, 2022
Please take time to read this week’s Friday Memo- -a general recap of the week and upcoming news. As always, should you like more information, I ask that you call the office, e-mail or stop in. Thanks for your continued support.
- Mid America Dredging is done dredging for 2022. They hope to come back in the Spring and begin dredging again as soon as DNR permitting and field conditions will allow. They were able to complete approx. half of East pond this year.
- Bernard Family Trust (FA374600001) has applied for a Certified Survey Map to divide 1 lot into 2. This parcel is South of Town Hall Rd. and West of STH 67. This will be considered at Tuesday’s Plan Commission.
- South Shore Storage, LLC, 3714 South Shore Dr. has applied for a Conditional Use Permit for outdoor food & beverage on the patio of The Shore. They also plan to have live music outside at 6 events per year ending at 10:30pm. Another Plan Commission agenda item.
- Harry Warnaar has also applied to the Plan Commission for Variances to allow deck construction on the East and South sides of his home at 1425 Jackson Park Dr.
- Received preliminary DNR approval on the pre-application for a Healthy Lakes Initiative Grant for a Rain Garden in Community Park. The final application will be due in November.
- Finance Committee is scheduled for next Tuesday at 5:00pm to review the preliminary 2023 Budget.
- All Assessed Values for the Town are available online at accurateassessor.com.
- The Highway Shop is a “free drop-off site” for Waste Oil that is used for heating purposes. We are currently in low supply.
- Oktoberfest coming up on Saturday, 10/22 at Waters Edge from Noon – 6:00pm.
- Trick or Treating is scheduled for Sunday, 10/30 from Noon – 3:00pm followed by the Kids Halloween Party at Waters Edge from 3:00 – 5:00pm.
- Enjoy your weekend!
Meetings next week: Police & Water Safety, Monday at 1:00pm
Admin, Monday at 4:00pm
Finance, Tuesday at 5:00pm
Plan Commission, Tuesday at 7:00pm
Public Works, Wednesday at 1:15pm
Park & Tourism, Wednesday at 5:00pm
Lake Committee, Wednesday at 7:00pm
Fire & Rescue, Thursday at 6:00pm